Overview and Points
An American Girl Rewards account has no cost to sign up or annual fee, and is tied to any American Girl account via e-mail.
Purchases can be automatically added to the point system at time of purchase through account. If they are not applied then, they can be applied to the account manually by the purchaser or Customer Service for about two weeks after the date of purchase. All regular, sale, and clearance merchandise purchased online, over the phone, or in American Girl retail stores in the United States (not Canadian or Mexican boutiques) qualifies for rewards points, as well as in-store American Girl restaurant purchases.
Things such as sales tax, shipping charges, the purchase of gift cards, bulk sales for commercial purposes/resale, donations to Charity through American Girl, or purchases with employee discounts are not eligible (however, purchases made with gift cards qualify). Extra points can also be given for participating in various offers and/or events.
Each dollar of a purchase price (not including tax and/or shipping) adds one point to an account, rounded up (so a purchase of $10.01 earns 11 points). Existing points remain active by making at least one qualifying purchase within a twelve-month period.
A month begins on the day a customer joins the program, and continues for thirty days thereafter. A membership anniversary year begins on the day a customer joins the program and continues for 365 days thereafter.
For all Levels, every 200 Points earned (so $200 spent) offers a $10 Reward Certificate that is sent through e-mail. Points will be removed from account, but will not reduce the membership tier.
Members can earn a maximum of five rewards in a month ($50 in rewards, so after spending $1000 a month) and fifty rewards per year, totaling $500 in rewards per year (or $10,000 spent in a year's time). Each $10 Reward Certificate must be redeemed before it expires; expiration dates are noted on the certificates. Points are cumulative; if a customer purchases earns 250 points in one month but only 150 in the next, the extra 50 points will carry over to the next month and the customer will earn another certificate.
Certificates are issued on the 15th of each month according to points earned in the previous month, and are active until the end of the next month. For example, if a customer purchases $250 worth of items in October 2016, then a certificate for $10 will be issued on November 15, 2016 and will expire by December 31, 2016. Certificates are only issued via e-mail but may be printed off for store use. Certificates are able to be used for any qualifying purchases both in store and online or by phone order, but sometimes may not combine with other offers or sales.
Reward Certificates can only be issued once, cannot be replaced if lost or stolen, are not redeemable for cash, and if a purchase made with a reward is returned, the certificate is not reissued for a second use.
Each level encompasses the level before it--so for example, a person at Gold Level will receive all potential rewards in both the Silver and Gold Levels.
Silver Level: 0-349 Points
- Exclusive birthday gift
- Access to Member-Only rewards.
Gold Level: 350-699 Points
- Early Access to Sales and Specials
- Special Events and Experiences
Berry Level: 700+ Points
- VIP Surprise
- Special (as yet unlisted) annual rewards
Once a Tier is reached, customers have a full twelve months to maintain that status (likely by again, earning enough points) from the date when the given tier was reached. If points are not earned within that year to maintain a given tier, then the tier level will change accordingly based on the points earned in the given year.
List of Unique AG Rewards Offers
- Melody's AG Rewards Collection: From August 1st to August 8th 2016, early enrollers into the program (before July 27th) were offered a chance to purchase a starter collection for Melody Ellison with free shipping and delivery on or before August 18th, 2016 (a week before the collection's official release).
- Holiday Event: A Members-Only Event at local American Girl Places were held from Late October to November 2016. Attendants could bring guests and received in-store gifts; the events had small refreshments and certain items were on sale in some locations.
- Early-Access Cyber Monday: On November 27th 2016, AG Rewards Members were given early access to Nov. 28th Cyber Monday Sales for four hours.
- Early Book Offer: Berry Level reward members were offered a free copy of American Girl Parties with personal codes.