Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Addy: An American Girl Story was an live action play based on the character Addy Walker and her stories.The play first debuted at the Seattle Children's Theatre in Charlotte Martin Theatre on April 13th, 2007 and ran through June 17, 2007. A tour was later made around the country with a traveling cast.
Addy is the only character to have a live-action play.
- Myxolydia Tyler: Addy Walker
- Demene Hall: Ruth Walker
- Lance Spencer McQueen: Ben Walker
- Damion Rochester: Sam Walker
- Felicia Vonshell Loud: Sarah Moore
- Tanesha Ross: Harriet Davis
- Rachel Pate: Miss Dunn, Auntie Lula, Mabel Moore and Sally
- Marianne Owen: Missus, Miss Caroline and Mrs. Ford
- Peter Cook & Bradford Farwell: multiple roles as Master Stevens, Mr. Cooper and the Soldier
- Cheryl L. West: Playwright
- Carey Wong: Set design
- Rick Paulsen: Lighting
- Melanie Taylor Burgess: Costume Design
Play/Book Series Differences
- Sam is employed as a "spirit" in Addy's mind after he and Poppa are sold, and "communicates" with Addy in her mind during the time they are separated.
- Uncle Solomon is removed as a character wholly.
- The spelling bee from Addy Learns a Lesson is set on Christmas Day and where Poppa sees Addy after his return.
- There is no confrontation from Mrs. Howell regarding the construction of the Tartan Plaid Dress; it is returned for poor fit, but she is not seen.
- To minimize set pieces, the Walkers do not move into a boarding house after Poppa's return and remain in the garret above Mrs. Ford's Dress Shop.
- Rather than the members of the boarding house celebrating Addy's birthday (as they are not characters), Mrs. Ford participates in the celebration.
- Addy only has two outfits shown, her Tartan plaid dress and Classic Meet Dress.
- The actions of Addy Saves the Day are minimized to Harriet learning about her uncle's passing in war and Sam's return.
- Auntie Lula does not die or show any signs of illness upon her return; she returns with Esther and there is no indication she will pass on soon.
- To minimize roles and prevent child actors being used, Esther is played by a prop-doll. Therefore at the end, she has not shown any aging and is still an "infant" in arms.
Items Associated With the Play
- Note: None of these items were available to be purchased at any of the productions of the play and are simply seen in the scenes.