Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Cécile" redirects here. For the doll, see Cécile Rey (doll).
- For the Girls of Many Lands character, see Cécile Revel.
Personality and Facts
Cécile comes from a well-to-do and highly regarded family within the New Orleans community. Cécile wishes to become a stage actress, and shows a talent for storytelling, recitation, and poetry when she volunteers her time at the Holy Trinity Orphanage. Unlike Marie-Grace, Cécile is homeschooled. She finds her lessons to be boring. She especially dislikes writing. Cécile takes voice lessons with Marie-Grace, but unlike Marie-Grace, she doesn't feel she's very good at singing. Cécile is very good at keeping secrets, as she kept both Armand's and Marie-Grace's secrets.
Cécile is characterized as being confident, curious, and loving the limelight. She likes to be original. Americangirlpublishing.com describes her as bold. Cécile loves to make others laugh. Cécile is popular and has many friends in contrast with Marie-Grace. Cecile is outgoing and loves parties. One of her dreams was to become a famous actress, and dance at parties every night.
While Cécile can occasionally be outspoken at times, she is also shown to be sensitive and caring, such as teaching Marie-Grace French, spending time with elderly people of color at La Maison, and keeping Armand's desire to become an artist rather than a stonecutter a secret from Papa. Cécile has also shown interest in distant lands, traveling, and adventures as she loves to hear the exciting adventurous tales her Grandpa tells her and is in awe with Marie-Grace's experiences.
Cécile is quite interested in clothes and her appearance, and often tries to avoid getting her clothes dirty. For this reason, she's not too fond of Marie-Grace's dog Argos, who often has muddy paws.
She is always full of clever ideas and can be quite mischievous.
Her nickname, Cécé, is a diminutive of her full first name.
Family and Friends
- Jean-Claude Rey: Father
- Aurélia Rey: Mother
- Simon Rey: Grandfather
- Armand Rey: Older brother
- Octavia Tay: Aunt
- René Tay: Cousin
Friends and Other Characters
- Marie-Grace Gardner: Cécile's friend
- Océane Rousseau: Cécile and Marie-Grace's teacher, Marie-Grace's aunt
- Mathilde: The Reys' housekeeper and cook
- Ellen: The Reys' maid
- Main article: Cécile Rey (doll)
- See: Cécile's Collection
- Cécile is the first Historical Character to share her collection with another Historical Character, Marie-Grace Gardner, including the book series.
- Prior to Cécile's reveal, she was referred under the code name "Denise" for her author, Denise Lewis Patrick.
- With the archival of her collection in 2014, she and Marie-Grace Gardner had the shortest availability of any Historical character at approximately three years.
- ↑ Meet Cécile, pg. 71: What would Maman and Papa had said if Cécile Amélie Rey [...]
- ↑ American Girl, see discussion page.
- ↑ Both Meet Cécile and Meet Marie-Grace are set in January 1853.
- ↑ The Cameo Necklace starts in November 1854.
- ↑ Meet Cécile and the Montclair Author Who Writes About Her, baristanet.com, accessed Feb. 22, 2012. Denise Lewis Patrick: "Yes, even though, when [Cécile and Marie-Grace] meet, it’s not in everyday circumstances. Cécile is being homeschooled [...]
Cécile Rey *
|* Archived / ** Exclusive to BeForever|