- "Cécile" redirects here. For the doll, see Cécile Rey (doll). For the Girls of Many Lands character, see Cécile Revel.
|Full name||Cécile Amélie Rey|
|Born||May 28, 1843|
|Series location||New Orleans, Louisiana|
|Series timeline||January 1853 to late autumn 1854|
|Friends and Minor Characters|
Personality and FactsEdit
Cécile comes from a well-to-do and highly regarded family within the New Orleans community. Cécile wishes to become a stage actress, and shows a talent for storytelling, recitation, and poetry when she volunteers her time at the Holy Trinity Orphanage. Unlike Marie-Grace, Cécile is homeschooled. She finds her lessons to be boring. She especially dislikes writing. Cecile takes voice lessons with Marie-Grace, but unlike Marie-Grace, she doesn't feel she's very good at singing.
Cecile is characterized as being confident, curious, and loving the limelight. She likes to be original. Americangirlpublishing.com describes her as bold.
While Cécile can occasionally be outspoken at times, she is also shown to be sensitive and caring, such as teaching Marie-Grace French, spending time with elderly people of color at La Maison, and keeping Armand's desire to become an artist rather than a stonecutter a secret from Papa. Cecile has also shown interest in distant lands, traveling, and adventurous as she loves to hear the exciting adventurous tales her Grandpa tells her and is in awe with Marie-Grace's experiences.
Cecile is quite interested in clothes and her appearance, and often tries to avoid getting her clothes dirty. For this reason, she's not too fond of Marie-Grace's dog Argos, who often has muddy paws.
She is always full of clever ideas and can be quite mischievous.
Her nickname, Cécé, is a diminutive of her full first name.
Family and FriendsEdit
- Jean-Claude Rey: Father
- Aurélia Rey: Mother
- Simon Rey: Grandfather
- Armand Rey: Older brother
- Octavia Tay: Aunt
- René Tay: Cousin
Friends and Other CharactersEdit
- Marie-Grace Gardner: Cécile's friend
- Océane Rousseau: Cécile and Marie-Grace's teacher, Marie-Grace's aunt
- Mathilde: The Reys' housekeeper and cook
- Ellen: The Reys' maid
Main Article: Cécile Rey (doll)
- Dark cerulean silk dress
- White hair ribbons
- High button boots
- Blue hat
- Pendant necklace
- White gloves
- See: Cécile's Collection
- Cécile is the first Historical Character to share her collection with another Historical Character, Marie-Grace Gardner, including the book series.
- Prior to Cécile's reveal, she was referred under the code name "Denise" for her author, Denise Lewis Patrick.
- ↑ Meet Cécile, pg. 71: What would Maman and Papa had said if Cécile Amélie Rey [...]
- ↑ American Girl, see discussion page.
- ↑ Both Meet Cécile and Meet Marie-Grace are set in January 1853.
- ↑ The Cameo Necklace starts in November 1854.
- ↑ Meet Cécile and the Montclair Author Who Writes About Her, baristanet.com, accessed Feb. 22, 2012. Denise Lewis Patrick: "Yes, even though, when [Cécile and Marie-Grace] meet, it’s not in everyday circumstances. Cécile is being homeschooled [...]