- "Chrissa" redirects here. For the doll, see Chrissa Maxwell (doll). For the book, see Chrissa. For the movie, see Chrissa Stands Strong (movie).
|Full name||Chrissa Marie Maxwell|
Chrissa Maxwell is the seventh Girl of the Year, released by the American Girl Doll company in 2009.
Chrissa is a 10 year old girl who lives with her father, mother, brother Tyler (who is eleven months older than Chrissa), and grandmother Nana. She has moved from Iowa to Edgewater, Minnesota to live with Nana following the death of her maternal grandfather, and is starting in a new school. Her father Paul is a potter who makes platewear under Maxwell Pottery and her mother Meg is a doctor. Tyler is somewhat nerdy and specializes his knowledge in planetary bodies and outer space. Her family lives in an upper-class neighborhood. Her grandmother Nana raises mini-llamas and spins their hair into yarn; she and Chrissa's grandfather used to raise full llamas but with his illness and later death she has gone to mini-llamas.
Chrissa is a very creative girl and knows how to knit as well as sew. Her favorite sports are swimming and diving; she is a strong, skilled swimmer. She likes to help her dad with pottery.
Chrissa is left-handed.
Her grandmother's pets, the mini-llamas named Cosmos and Checkers, give birth to a baby named Starburst which is Chrissa's pet.
Chrissa finds it hard to make friends at her new school, but Chrissa tries her best to be friendly. She later makes friends with Gwen and Sonali, but her friendship with both of them had a rough start.
Chrissa is portrayed by Sammi Hanratty.
- Face Mold: Josefina Mold
- Skin: Light
- Hair: Brown with natural-colored highlights, shoulder length, center part, no bangs
- Eyes: Light Blue
- Pink faux-wrap dress, flower print
- Purple flats with elastic ankle straps
- Lavender panties
- Gwen Thompson is white with blond hair and brown eyes. She is a lonely girl in her class; Chrissa is the first to befriend her. Gwen lived at the homeless shelter and felt that her situation made it too embarrassing for her to make any friends. The doll has the Classic Mold, blond hair with bangs, and brown eyes; she is similar in looks to Just Like You 12.
- Sonali Matthews is at least partially South Asian/Indian, as her mother's parents are from India. She was part of the Queen Bees with Tara and Jadyn, but stopped being their friend after their cruel pranks and became Chrissa's friend. The doll has an all-new face mold with dark skin, dark eyes, and long wavy dark hair.
The two companion dolls were available from Chrissa's launch on January 1; each came with a copy of the book Friends.
- See: Chrissa's Collection
- Chrissa is the first Girl of the Year to have companion characters.
- Chrissa is the second Girl of the Year to have a middle name after Jess McConnell.
- Chrissa is the second Girl of the Year to have the Josefina Mold after Marisol Luna.
- Chrissa is the first Girl of the Year to have a movie about her.
- Chrissa is left-handed, stated in the book; "Chrissa"
- With her retirement, some items have been re-released under generic names as part of the Just Like You collection.
|Girls of the Year|