From the Central Series
- Mrs. Rinaldi
Chapter By Chapter Summary
Chapter One: An Arrest!
Chapter Two: A Challenge
Chapter Three: Ricky the Rat
Chapter Four: The Prowler
Chapter Five: Menace on Main Street
Chapter Six: Clues in the Shed
Chapter Seven: Surprise in Ward B
Chapter Eight: The Great Girl Detective
Chapter Nine: Fight at the Factory
Chapter Ten: An Unexpected Visitor
Chapter Eleven: A New Plan
Chapter Twelve: Secrets
Discusses the lives and struggles Americans faced during and after World War Two. Topics include:
- What wartime activities children did, and how children stayed patriotic during the war.
- The Eisenhower medal, which was only given to Boy Scouts.
- What struggles families faced with soldiers who returned after VE Day.
- How soldiers with PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder) were treated and how they suffered.
- What problems and emotions families with a MIA (Missing in Action) soldier faced.
- How women supported the troops, and the duties of a Camera girl.
- Why women had to give up their jobs, and the pride they felt for what they did.