Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Author: Valerie Tripp
- Illustrators: Dan Andreasen
- First Published: 2006
- Setting: Williamsburg, Virginia, 1775
- In relation to Felicity's Central Series: After the events of Felicity's Surprise
Meet The Author
Looking Back: Valentines in 1774
Discusses St. Valentine's Day during colonial times. Topics include:
- How homemade valentines were made.
- How colonists practiced their handwriting, so that they wouldn't make any mistakes.
- The poetry or puzzle colonists wrote on their valentines.
- How a valentine writer helped struggling writers.
- How colonists sealed their valentines, since they didn't have envelopes.
- How valentines, and other things, were delivered or mailed to other people and places.
- Why mail wasn't private in colonial times, and what were written in early valentines.