Felicity Learns a Lesson: A School Story is the second book in the Felicity series.
- Author: Valerie Tripp, Luann Roberts
- Illustrators: Dan Andreasen, Keith Skeen
- First Published: 1991
- Setting: Fall 1774
Chapter by Chapter Summary
Chapter One: Apple Butter Day
Chapter Two: Loose Tooth Tea
Chapter Three: Tea in the River
Chapter Four: Bananabelle
Chapter Five: A Bright Red Cardinal Bird
Looking Back: School in 1774
Discusses education during colonial times. Topics include:
- The use of a hornbook, quill pen and a copybook to teach children how to read and write.
- How wealthy children and boys were educated, with many boys starting college when they were only twelve years old.
- The type of education girls received from their mothers, and the importance of the tea ceremony.
- Why many colonists were feeling upset about their treatment from the King, and the difference between Patriots and Loyalists.
- Famous and important Patriots in the 1770's, including Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, and Patrick Henry.