- "Isabelle" redirects here. For the doll, see Isabelle Palmer (doll). For the book, see Isabelle. For the movie, see Isabelle Dances into the Spotlight.
Isabelle Palmer is the twelfth Girl of the Year released by the American Girl Doll company. She was released in 2014.
Isabelle is a nine year old girl who lives in Washington, DC. She loves to dance and performs ballet and modern dance. She auditions for the Anna Hart School of Arts and is able to enroll. Isabelle can't help but compare herself to other dancers and often gets performance anxiety. Her big sister Jade also attends, which is one of the reasons why Isabelle feels overshadowed.
Her mom Nancy is a textile artist and her dad Leo is a hospital administrator and a jazz musician. Her 12 year old sister Jade also loves to dance.
Isabelle loves to sew and design her own dance costumes, as the teachers often like her to design costumes.
Her best friends are Luisa, a fellow dancer at the school and Gabriel, a magician and her nemesis is Renata.
- Isabelle is the first Girl of the Year to have three books.
- Isabelle was the first character to have an eBook sold.
- A girl sized headband inspired by Isabelle was available as Isabelle's Dance Headband; the retail cost is $5.
- There was a Happy Meal at Mcdonalds in February 2014 which featured mini dolls of Isabelle.
|Girls of the Year|