Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Kit Kittredge
- Stirling Howard
- Margaret Kittredge
- Jack Kittredge
- Charles Kittredge (mentioned)
- Millie Morrison
- Louise Howard
Only in Kit Saves The Day
Chapter by Chapter Summary
Chapter One: Stuck
Chapter Two: Just Plain Will
Chapter Three: The Hobo Jungle
Chapter Four: Do Something
Looking Back: America Outdoors in 1934
Discusses how people spent time outdoors during the Depression. Topics covered:
- People who moved during the Depression to find work or better opportunities and the hoboes that "rode the rails" by jumping freight trains illegally.
- The negative views hobos received from other people, with many getting mixed up with bums and tramps and the differences between each term.
- Hoboes having to travel to different town for work, ask people for food in exchange for chores, and how they lived in hobo jungle settlements.
- Available methods of transport, such as cars, trains, ships, and the concerns people had with air travel, the newest way of transportation.
- Summer activities during the Depression, such as gathering at local parks, attending baseball games, and playing miniature golf.
- Financial problems parks and recreation areas faced, resulting in the formation of The Civilian Conservation Corps, which hired young, unmarried men to help maintain parks.
- The popularity of the Civilian Conservation Corps, resulting in re-enrollment for it's members, and their contributions to various state and national parks.