Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Limited Edition Historical Outfits are outfits, accessories and furniture for Historical and BeForever characters that are only available for a short amount of time before retirement. Unlike other retirements, these have generally been given an end date at the time of release.
1997 Limited Edition Outfits
During the Pleasant Company Era, only one set of limited edition outfits--called Special Edition on packaging--were released, each for the five available Historical Characters out in early 1997. This was the first time that outfits not explicitly discussed in the books were released for any Historical Character, which may have been part of the motivation for them to be limited edition. Each set included an outfit as well as play components for a historically appropriate outdoor activity. These were initially given an end date of December 31st, 1997, but were allowed to retire as they sold out.
The released outfits were:
- Felicity Merriman: Felicity's Town Fair Outfit
- Kirsten Larson: Kirsten's Skating Outfit
- Addy Walker: Addy's Stilting Outfit
- Samantha Parkington: Samantha's Bathing Costume
- Molly McIntire: Molly's Tennis Outfit
Samantha's Bathing Costume was later rereleased in 2005 with modifications as part of a Historical Swimwear release along with Kit's 1934 Swimsuit and Molly's 1944 Swimsuit and renamed Samantha’s 1904 Bathing Dress. No other outfits were re-released.
A version of Felicity's Town Fair Outfit can be seen in Felicity: An American Girl Adventure and Addy's Stilting Outfit was on the third edition cover of Happy Birthday, Addy! and the short story Addy Studies Freedom.
Continued Limited Edition Outfits and Items
Starting with Cécile's Summer Outfit, Marie-Grace's Summer Outfit, and the Courtyard Furniture in 2012, American Girl started to release limited edition outfits for varying Historical Characters. Generally, they have been available from the release until Dec 31st of the year, and (since BeForever) includes any children's clothing released based on the outfits.
After the official retirement, some outfits have returned missing original components or separated into the outfit and accompanying accessories.
Limited Edition Outfits and Items
- Kaya'aton'my: Jingle Dress of Today II; Modern Fancy Shawl Outfit
- Cécile Rey: Cécile's Summer Outfit; Courtyard Furniture
- Marie-Grace Gardner: Marie-Grace's Summer Outfit; Courtyard Furniture
- Addy Walker: Addy's Dress and Sewing Set
- Samantha Parkington: Samantha's Flower-Picking Set
- Rebecca Rubin: Rebecca's School Play Set; Rebecca's Seashore Set
- Kit Kittredge: Kit's Candy-Making Set; Kit's Chicken-Keeping Set
- Molly McIntire: Molly's Floral Pajamas; Molly's Bed and Bedding
- Julie Albright: Julie's Dance Set; Julie's Skateboarding Set
- Kit Kittredge was later given a story about tennis (Kit's Winning Ways) but it is unrelated to the limited edition outfit for Molly.