- "McKenna" redirects here. For the doll, see McKenna Brooks (doll). For the book, see McKenna. For the movie, see McKenna Shoots for the Stars.
McKenna Brooks is the tenth Girl of the Year released by American Girl. She was released in 2012.
McKenna is a ten-year-old girl in 4th grade who lives on Queen Anne Hill in Seattle, Washington. She is skilled in gymnastics but struggles with her schoolwork, specifically reading comprehension.
McKenna is the oldest of three children, with younger twin sisters named Maisey and Mara Brooks. Maisey and Mara both do gymnastics like McKenna does. Her dad is a high school principal and her mother owns a coffee shop.
McKenna is described as strong-willed and determined. McKenna is determined to be an Olympic gold medalist for Gymnastics.
McKenna has a dog named Cooper, and a pet hamster named Polka Dot.
Her friends are Toulane Thomas, Sierra Kuchinko (both of whom are gymnasts), and Josie Myers (who is also her tutor).
- Mr. Brooks: Father
- Mrs. Brooks: Mother
- Maisey and Mara Brooks: Younger twin sisters
- Grandma Peg: Grandmother.
- Grandpa Jack: Grandfather.
- See: McKenna's Collection
- McKenna was the first Girl of the Year to have an outfit that was not generally available; McKenna's Warm-Up Outfit was only available when purchasing her starter collection.
|Girls of the Year|