From the Central Series
Only in Midnight in Lonesome Hollow
- Fern Craig
- Johnny Craig
- Harlan Craig
- Auntie Craig
- Vesta Skidmore
- Roy Skidmore
- Lucy Vanderpool
- Peter Vanderpool
- Mr. Tibbets
- Talitha Crabtree
- Joe Crabtree
Chapter By Chapter Summary
Chapter One: A Lonesome Branch
Chapter Twp: A Stranger Arrives
Chapter Three: Fern's Worries
Chapter Four: A Sad Discovery
Chapter Five: An Unexpected Threat
Chapter Six: Double Disaster
Chapter Seven: A Mysterious Light
Chapter Eight: Hunting for Clues
Chapter Nine: Midnight in Lonesome Hollow
Chapter Ten: Answers and More Questions
Chapter Eleven: A Riddle Solved
Chapter Twelve: Ruined Plans
Chapter Thirteen: The Truth Is Told
Chapter Fourteen: New Stories
Discusses the Appalachian people of Kentucky during the Great Depression. Topics include:
- The Appalachia mountains and when the first settlers arrived.
- How outsiders arrived to the mountains, since there were no roads.
- Why few outsiders, and modern changes, didn't make it to the Appalacian.
- How visitors arrived to the mountains and their views of the Appalachian people.
- Why many researchers arrived to the mountains and what they studied there.
- How Appalachian craftspeople and musicians began earning money.
- Why traveling to the mountains was difficult for researchers.
- How the coal mining industry effected the local areas during the Great Depression.
- The prejudice felt by the Appalachian people.
- Appalachian culture today.